Behind our oils
Behind our oils
At SAVA scandinavia, we carefully choose every oil we use. We only use the best ingredients that we collect from around the world.
All our oils are organic, paraben free, vegan, not tested on animals and with as few ingredients as possible – we believe that skin care should work as a help for self-healing and we believe in care without compromises.
Organic natural oils
At SAVA scandinavia we only use organic oils that have been through a minimised process and therefore still contain vitamins and other qualities. You will find our oils have colour because they have not been though a chemical purification process that are often used in the industry in order to make the oils clear and with longer duration dates.
Since our base oils (Argan, Jojoba, Apricot and Coconut oils) are naturally cold pressed oils, they do not have the same duration date as chemically refined oils. This is why we carefully blend our natural oils and always make sure that you have the freshest blend possible in your hands.
Organic natural flower extracts
Our extracts from flowers are made from only flower petals and not blended with leaves and branches or other parts of the plants that many producers allow in order to save money. That is a choice - and we are going for the flower petals because this is where the pure oils are found that contain strongest scent and benefit.
Ingredients you will find in our organic nail & cuticle oils
Here you can read more about the different oils we have selected in our blends - all organic and plant based that have undergone minimum processing and are full of vitamins and beneficial properties. The effects of these natural oils from plants and flowers have been tested and used since the early stages of humankind. Not all the benefits of plant-based oils are necessarily scientifically proven but instead based on ancient knowledge and experience throughout time.
- JOJOBA OIL (From the seeds of the jojoba scrub) At SAVA scandinavia, we have nicknamed this amazing oil our ‘drops of gold’. High on vitamin E. Jojoba oil is great for moisturizing, softening and protecting your nails and cuticles. The molecules of Jojoba oil very much resemble the oils in your own skin – that is why it can quickly penetrate into your nails and cuticles. The wax substances found in the oil in the Jojoba plant actually uses the oil to protect its own skin. Jojoba oil works as a perfect transporter for other oils, enabling effects from all the oils we use in our blends. Jojoba oil has been known to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and dry skin. Jojoba oil contains anti-inflammatory qualities that can help repair infections and redness from minor skin injuries.
Jojoba oil is found in all our nail & cuticle oils
- LAVENDER OIL (From lavender petals) Our lavender oil is extracted from the flower petal itself and is of the highest organic quality from the beautiful French fields around Grasse.Lavender oil helps stimulate new cell growth and regenerates nails and cuticles. Lavender oil is great for sensitive and irritated skin, wounds, swellings and inflammations. Also, just the scent of lavender is known to be positively effective on our nervous system as it has a calming effects - so breath it in!
We use lavender in our Goodnight Kisses
- ROSE OIL (From rose petals) The roses used in our oils grow in the fields of Grasse which is known as the capital of perfume. Here, they are carefully distilled using only the petals from the flower to make that dense, romantic fragrance. Among other things, rose is known to be a great mood lifter.
We use rose oil in our Kiss On The Move
- TEA TREE OIL (From the Australian Tea tree) Tea tree oil is a strong antiseptic and contains anaesthetic-like properties. It works wonders for brittle, cracked and inflamed cuticles caused by the climate or nail biting.
We use Tea tree oil in our Caring Kisses
- EUCALYPTUS OIL (From the leaves of the Eucalyptus tree) Eucalyptus oil is another great antiseptic and antibacterial oil for those cracked and brittle cuticles. Eucalyptus oil absorbs quickly into the skin and increases blood circulation, helping cuticles and nails to heal faster. Its scent is fresh and invigorating.
We use Eucalyptus oil in our Caring Kisses
- COCONUT OIL (From coconut fruit) Our scent-free, cold pressed, virgin coconut oil is a fast absorber, a great moisturizer and full of vitamin E that our skin just loves. Coconut oil calms irritation and damages in the cuticles and nails.
We use Coconut oil in our Kiss On The Move
- APRICOT OIL (From the apricot kernel) Apricot oil is a rich and moisturizing oil that is full of vitamin A and E that our skin loves so much. Apricot oil has a revitalizing and healing effect on dry and brittle nails. It’s a great alternative for person who is allergic to almond or other nut oils.
- ARGAN OIL (from the nut of the Argan tree) Argan oil is high on vitamin E, non-greasy and absorbs easily into your skin. Argan oil can help reduce symptoms for a number of different inflammatory skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema. The powerful combination of antioxidants and vitamin E found in Argan oil can be used to help wounds and cuts heal faster. Argan oil is kind of an oil miracle worker and has many properties - especially useful when it comes to cure hangnails, with or without infection. Argan oil has the ability to both treat and prevent bacterial and fungal skin infections.
We use Argan oil in our Caring kisses